Trick or treat time! This kids’ party dessert may look gruesome, but the eyeballs and fingers are all sweet and fruity bites.
Prep 25 mins
- Cut the jelly into cubes with scissors and place in a bowl. Add 400ml boiling water and stir continuously until dissolved.
- Drain the lychees, reserving the juice. Put the juice in a measuring jug and make up to 400ml with cold water. Add to the dissolved jelly.
- Pour about a quarter of the jelly into a clear glass dish and place in the fridge to set.
- Take a grape and gently push a jelly bean into the centre, using the hole where the stalk has been. Then gently push the grape into a lychee. Repeat with the remaining grapes and lychees to make eyeballs.
- To make the spooky fingers, divide the marzipan into 6 and shape into sausages the size of a finger. Pipe a little red gel at one end and attach an almond to represent a fingernail. Using a small knife mark three or four lines half way down the finger to make a knuckle.
- When the jelly is set, arrange half the eyeballs over the surface, add more jelly and return to the fridge.
- When this has set, arrange the remaining eyeballs over the jelly. Place the spooky fingers against the side of the bowl. Pour over the remaining jelly and place in the fridge to set. Serve in the bowl.
Nutrition per serving:
192 kcalories, protein 2.7g, carbohydrate 41g, fat 2 g, saturated fat 0.2g, fibre 0.4g, sugar 39g, salt 0 g