Oscar-winning French actress Marion Cotillard has received death threats from a New York woman who was detained this week and charged with stalking, but then released on bail, local media said Saturday.
The woman, identified as Teresa Yuan, sent a chilling video to a fan website devoted to the 35-year-old actress, who starred in last year’s mind-bending thriller “Inception,” the New York Daily News reported.
“The guilt and sorrow I feel now, I won’t feel after it happens. After it happens, I’ll feel no regrets whatsoever… that’s apparently how it feels to be a killer, to be a murderer,” Yuan warned in the video sent on July 23.
The site’s administrator first alerted the FBI in April about a series of alarming emails and videos sent by Yuan, the paper reported.
In a series of July emails, the woman, believed to be in her 30s, said she knew Cotillard’s whereabouts and would travel to meet her.
The French actress and her family became “concerned for their physical safety,” FBI agent Bradford Price wrote in a complaint filed in US federal court in Brooklyn, according to the Daily News.
Yuan, who has been charged with “interstate stalking” and released Friday on $50,000 bail, has been ordered to stay away from Cotillard and her family, and to refrain from contacting her in any way.
Cotillard — whose partner is French actor and director Guillaume Canet — won an Academy Award in 2008 for her portrayal of French singer Edith Piaf in “La Vie en Rose.” The couple has one son, Marcel, who was born in May.